A big thank you to the Sydney Food Sister for sharing this delicious recipe - their famous Chicken Schnitzel. Created with the new Maldon Sea Salt Grinders.
"Salt is key in this recipe. The Maldon Sea Salt Flake grinders achieve the necessary salt consistency to make a perfectly textured panko crumb coating. The salt, cheese and herbs in the crumb work in harmony to form the tastiest crunch, you are going to absolutely love this recipe." - Sydney Food Sisters
For the crumb
- 2 cups Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 4 grinds of Maldon Sea Salt Flakes
- Pinch cracked pepper
For the chicken
- 1 cup plain flour
- 5 eggs, beaten & seasoned with grinded Maldon Sea Salt flakes & cracked pepper
- 8 Chicken thigh fillets, flattened with a meat cleaver
- Olive oil, for frying
- Combine the breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, parsley, Maldon sea salt and pepper in a large flat dish. Set aside.
- Spread the flour out onto a large flat dish. Set aside.
- Place the eggs, salt and pepper in a large shallow bowl. Set aside.
- Dip each chicken piece in the flour, coating evenly on both sides. Dip each floured chicken piece into the egg mixture, and then into the breadcrumb mixture, ensuring the chicken is well coated with crumbs. Repeat with all the chicken.
- Place the olive oil in a large frying pan, coating the entire base of the pan, approximately 1cm in depth. Heat the pan over medium heat until a breadcrumb sizzles when placed into the oil. You will need to fry the chicken in multiple batches, approximately 2-3 pieces at a time, depending on the size of the pan. Place 2-3 pieces of chicken schnitzel in the pan, ensuring the chicken is not overlapping. Fry until the underside is slightly golden, then turn the chicken over and fry the other side until it is slightly golden. Remove from the heat and drain on paper towel.
- Season with grinded sea salt flakes and pepper, to taste.
In Same Category
Related by Tags
- Tuna Fritters Recipe
- Cherry Chocolate Christmas Trifle Recipe
- Peanut Butter Choc Chip Cookie Recipe
- Spiced Chocolate Xmas Yule Log Recipe
- Callebaut Chocolate Christmas Pudding Recipe
- Chicken Schnitzel Recipe
- Salty Spicy Pink Grapefruit Cocktail Recipe
- Peanut, Pecan & Caramel Petit Gateaux
- Pappardelle with Cod, Chick Peas & Arrabbiata Sauce
- Tagliatelle with Speck, Red Cabbage, Apple & Walnuts
- Indulgent Callebaut Hot Chocolate
- Callebaut Chocolate Jaffa Tart
- Spaghetti Carbonara Recipe
- Maasdam Cheese Potato Wedges
- MAXIBACI with Raspberries...
- Beetroot Coleslaw
- Radish & Ricotta Bruschetta
- Gold Cinnamon & Speculoos Tablet Recipe
- Pan Roasted Lamb Fillet, Crushed Peas & Whipped Rosemary Butter
- Baci Cupcakes
- Strawberry Cream Swirl, Toasted Almonds & Honey
- Smoked Salmon and King Prawn Cannelloni, Tartare Sauce Garnish & Dill Mayonnaise
- The Ultimate Crisp Sandwich
- Baci Spider Cookies
- Strawberry Balsamic Tiramisu by Sydney Food Sisters
- Pasta Recipe - Spaghetti ‘Integrali’ with Olive Sauce, Capers and Anchovies