Have you tried the new Five Acre Farm Gourmet Macaroni & Cheese yet? Available at Harris Farm Markets and selected independent grocers in 3 delicious flavours: Mild, Mature and Creamy and Tangy. Crafted from 100% Australian durum wheat semolina pasta and real Australian cheddar cheese. The team at Sydney Food Sisters have transferred the Mature Macaroni & Cheese into these moreish Mac & Cheese Balls! Perfect for parties or a delicious snack with a weekend vino.
CARAMELISED BACON & ONION MAC & CHEESE BALLS
- 2 packets Five Acre Farm Macaroni & Cheese - Mature
- 150g smoked bacon, diced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 25g butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 200ml milk
- 2 cups plain flour
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Tomato salsa or garlic aioli
Fry bacon in a small frypan. Once cooked remove from pan. Add oil to the frypan and caramelise onion on medium heat, approximately 4-5 minutes. Set aside.
In a medium saucepan bring 2.5 litres of water and 1 teaspoon of salt to a boil. Add both packets of macaroni and cook for 5 minutes. Drain well and return macaroni to the saucepan.
In a separate small saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the flour and stir. Whisk the milk and cheese sachets into the flour mixture. Fold the cheese sauce into the macaroni. Mix through bacon, onion and parsley. Return saucepan to low - medium heat. Stir well for approximately 1 minute until sauce slightly thickens. Season with cracked pepper. Pour the mac and cheese into a shallow pan and refrigerate overnight.
Shape the cold mac and cheese into meatball-sized balls and place them onto a waxed paper-lined tray. Refrigerate.
In a bowl mix the breadcrumbs with the parmesan cheese and set aside. Place flour in a second bowl and the beaten eggs in a third bowl.
Dip the balls into the flour, then the beaten egg mixture and finally into the breadcrumb mixture. Place the balls back into the refrigerator until you are ready to fry.
Heat the oil in a deep fryer to 180°C. Fry the mac and cheese balls until they are golden brown, approximately 2 - 3 minutes. Serve hot with your favourite salsa or garlic aioli.
In Same Category
Related by Tags
- Callebaut Chocolate Mud Cake Recipe
- Smoky BBQ Corn with Chilli Lime Feta Spread
- Herbed Tuna Baguette Recipe
- Mixed Mushroom and Pork Ragu Recipe
- No-Bake Baci Biscuit Cake Recipe
- Five Acre Farm Mac & Cheese Balls
- 'Sealed with a Kiss' Baci Cocktail Recipe
- 'Sweet Kisses' Baci Recipe
- Brix Gold, Callebaut & Buttered Popcorn Cocktail
- Spaghetti Carbonara Recipe
- Vanilla Overload Fudge Recipe
- Southern Italian Inspired Tuna Spaghetti Recipe
- Banana Split Recipe
- Tuna Fritters Recipe
- Cherry Chocolate Christmas Trifle Recipe
- Peanut Butter Choc Chip Cookie Recipe
- Callebaut Chocolate Christmas Pudding Recipe
- Chicken Schnitzel Recipe
- Salty Spicy Pink Grapefruit Cocktail Recipe
- Peanut, Pecan & Caramel Petit Gateaux
- Pappardelle with Cod, Chick Peas & Arrabbiata Sauce
- Tagliatelle with Speck, Red Cabbage, Apple & Walnuts
- Indulgent Callebaut Hot Chocolate
- Callebaut Chocolate Jaffa Tart
- Maasdam Cheese Potato Wedges
- MAXIBACI with Raspberries...
- Beetroot Coleslaw
- Radish & Ricotta Bruschetta
- Gold Cinnamon & Speculoos Tablet Recipe
- Pan Roasted Lamb Fillet, Crushed Peas & Whipped Rosemary Butter
- Baci Cupcakes
- Strawberry Cream Swirl, Toasted Almonds & Honey
- Smoked Salmon and King Prawn Cannelloni, Tartare Sauce Garnish & Dill Mayonnaise
- The Ultimate Crisp Sandwich
- Baci Spider Cookies
- Strawberry Balsamic Tiramisu by Sydney Food Sisters
- Pasta Recipe - Spaghetti ‘Integrali’ with Olive Sauce, Capers and Anchovies