Uber-talented pastry chef Philip Khoury has shared with us his favourite cookie recipe - Peanut Butter Choc Chip! Crafted with the help of the new Maldon Sea Salt Grinders.
"In this cookie, the addition of some coarsely crushed sea salt adds a slight burst of saltiness. The key is to enhance the flavour of the peanuts and chocolate – not to overpower them. I like to use 1 turn of the Maldon Sea Salt grinder on coarse for the perfect amount and texture before baking." - Philip Khoury
Makes 16 Cookies
- 180g Chunky Peanut butter
- 160g Brown Sugar
- 80g Glucose
- 160g Unsalted butter, room temp
- 50g (1egg) Whole egg, room temp
- 1/2 tsp Heilala Vanilla paste
- 250g Plain flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 120g Callebaut Milk Chocolate Callets
- Maldon Sea Salt, to sprinkle
- Preheat your oven to 170*C fan forced, or 180*C convection.
- Place peanut butter, brown sugar, glucose and butter in the bowl of an electric mixer with the beater attachment and mix until just combined.
- Add the whole egg, Heilala Vanilla paste and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add plain flour, baking powder and Milk Chocolate Callets and mix until just combines.
- Use a spring release ice cream scoop for easily scooped quantities of cookie dough and place them 3-4cm apart on a baking tray lined with silicone paper.
- Sprinkle the top of each cookie with 1 turn of coarsely crush Maldon Sea Salt.
- Additionally, you can press peanuts and chocolate callets onto the top for extra texture.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes until the cookie has puffed slightly and has some light golden colouring.
- Enjoy slightly warm!
Recipe by Philip Khoury (www.instagram.com/philipkhoury).
In Same Category
Related by Tags
- Tuna Fritters Recipe
- Cherry Chocolate Christmas Trifle Recipe
- Peanut Butter Choc Chip Cookie Recipe
- Spiced Chocolate Xmas Yule Log Recipe
- Callebaut Chocolate Christmas Pudding Recipe
- Chicken Schnitzel Recipe
- Salty Spicy Pink Grapefruit Cocktail Recipe
- Peanut, Pecan & Caramel Petit Gateaux
- Pappardelle with Cod, Chick Peas & Arrabbiata Sauce
- Tagliatelle with Speck, Red Cabbage, Apple & Walnuts
- Indulgent Callebaut Hot Chocolate
- Callebaut Chocolate Jaffa Tart
- Spaghetti Carbonara Recipe
- Maasdam Cheese Potato Wedges
- MAXIBACI with Raspberries...
- Beetroot Coleslaw
- Radish & Ricotta Bruschetta
- Gold Cinnamon & Speculoos Tablet Recipe
- Pan Roasted Lamb Fillet, Crushed Peas & Whipped Rosemary Butter
- Baci Cupcakes
- Strawberry Cream Swirl, Toasted Almonds & Honey
- Smoked Salmon and King Prawn Cannelloni, Tartare Sauce Garnish & Dill Mayonnaise
- The Ultimate Crisp Sandwich
- Baci Spider Cookies
- Strawberry Balsamic Tiramisu by Sydney Food Sisters
- Pasta Recipe - Spaghetti ‘Integrali’ with Olive Sauce, Capers and Anchovies