- 155g unsalted butter, softened
- 95g icing sugar
- 32.5g ground peanuts
- 2.5g salt
- 1 Heilala vanilla bean
- 50g whole eggs
- 250g plain flour
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, mix the soft butter with the icing sugar and ground peanuts.
- Add the salt, vanilla and the eggs and continue mixing.
- Add the flour and mix until just combined.
- Remove from the mixer and press it into a flat square. Cover with plastic wrap and keep in the fridge to chill.
- Roll the dough out to 3 mm thickness and line the tart ring with the pastry.
- Line the tart with baking paper or plastic wrap and fill it with baking beads or uncooked rice.
- Bake at 170°C for 10-12minutes.
- Remove the lining and continue to cook for 4-6 minutes.
Sugar Coated Pecans
- 80ml water
- 110g caster sugar
- 105g pecans, roughly chopped
- Boil the sugar and water together in a saucepan.
- Add in the pecans and continue to boil for a further 3 minutes.
- Strain off the excess syrup and place the pecans on a lined tray.
- Roast in the oven for approximately 20 minutes at 160°C until dry and crispy.
- 180g pecan meal
- 56g icing sugar
- 56g plain flour
- 214g egg whites
- 214g inverted sugar
- Toast the pecan meal at 160°C for 13 minutes.
- Blitz the plain flour, icing sugar and pecan meal together in a food processor.
- Whip the egg whites with the inverted sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment.
- Fold the powders through the meringue.
- Spread into a three quarter size Flexipan and bake at 170°C for 10-12 minutes.
- Allow to cool then remove from the Flexipan onto a sheet of baking paper. Set aside.
- 175g caster sugar
- 75g fresh cream 35% fat
- 125g unsalted butter
- 75g liquid glucose
- Melt the dry sugar in a saucepan until you achieve a light caramel.
- Carefully add the hot cream on a low heat.
- Remove from the heat and add the butter, a piece at a time. Whisk by hand to fully combine the butter.
- Mix in the glucose and set aside.
- 140g unsalted butter
- 63g raw sugar
- 163g plain flour
- 1.5g salt
- 2.5g cinnamon
- Place the butter and the raw sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment and mix until smooth.
- Add in the dry ingredients and mix to bring it to a dough consistency.
- Bake at 160°C for 20 minutes.
- 100g Callebaut 823 milk chocolate 33%
- 15g pure hazelnut paste
- 150g Callebaut almond praline paste
- 90g cinnamon crumble (recipe above)
- Melt the chocolate, praline paste and pure hazelnut paste together to 45°C.
- Pour onto a stone surface and work on the surface with a scraper to crystallise until it cools to 27°C.
- Mix through the crumble.
- Spread onto the dacquoise.
- Leave to set before cutting to the desired size.
- 10g gold gelatine sheets
- 160g egg yolks
- 350g caster sugar
- 200g full cream milk
- 260g Callebaut Sao Thome dark chocolate 32%
- 60g Callebaut 823 milk chocolate 33%
- QS salt
- 400g Bulla Thickened cream 35% fat, semi whipped
- Soak the gelatine in a bowl of cold water.
- Whisk the egg yolks and sugar by hand in a bowl.
- Boil the milk then remove from the heat and add into the beaten egg yolk mixture.
- Return the mixture to the saucepan and place on the heat. Cook on a low heat and stir continuously until the mixture reaches 80°C.
- Remove from the heat and strain over the chocolate. Whisk until the chocolate has melted.
- Add the salt and leave to cool.
- Semi-whip the cream until soft peaks form.
- Fold the semi-whipped cream into the chocolate mixture until combined.
- 700g Callebaut 823 milk chocolate
- 200g grapeseed oil
- 200g caramelised almonds, chopped
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave and mix through the grapeseed oil.
- Add the finely chopped almonds.
- Heat to 34-35°C.
Caramel Chocolate Chantilly Cream
- 150g Bulla Thickened Cream 35% fat (A)
- 15g liquid glucose
- 105g Callebaut Gold chocolate 30%
- 220g Bulla Thickened Cream 35% fat (B)
- Boil the cream (A) and glucose together in a saucepan.
- Pour the hot mixture over the chocolate and add the cream (B).
- Chill overnight before whipping.
- 135g caster sugar
- 100g water
- 200g slivered almonds
- Bring the water and sugar to the boil and remove from the heat.
- Place the almonds on a tray lined with a silicon baking mat and drizzle some of the syrup over the almonds.
- Bake at 160°C for 15-20 minutes until golden, turning the nuts frequently.
- Pour the mousse halfway into the mould (ref: Silikomart PX4353).
- Drizzle some of the caramel filling on top of the mousse.
- Sprinkle in some of the caramelised nuts followed by another layer of mousse.
- Place the dacquoise with the crunch on top and freeze.
- Once frozen, unmould the petit gateaux.
- Insert 2 toothpicks in the base of the petit gateaux and gently dip it into the glaze.
- Turn the petit gateaux on an angle and allow the glaze to drip before carefully setting on a display plate.
Recipe by Kirsten Tibballs, Savour Chocolate & Patisserie School Melbourne, for the smooth Festival of Chocolate.
In Same Category
Related by Tags
- Peanut Butter Choc Chip Cookie Recipe
- Spiced Chocolate Xmas Yule Log Recipe
- Callebaut Chocolate Christmas Pudding Recipe
- Chicken Schnitzel Recipe
- Salty Spicy Pink Grapefruit Cocktail Recipe
- Peanut, Pecan & Caramel Petit Gateaux
- Pappardelle with Cod, Chick Peas & Arrabbiata Sauce
- Tagliatelle with Speck, Red Cabbage, Apple & Walnuts
- Indulgent Callebaut Hot Chocolate
- Callebaut Chocolate Jaffa Tart
- Spaghetti Carbonara Recipe
- Maasdam Cheese Potato Wedges
- MAXIBACI with Raspberries...
- Beetroot Coleslaw
- Radish & Ricotta Bruschetta
- Gold Cinnamon & Speculoos Tablet Recipe
- Pan Roasted Lamb Fillet, Crushed Peas & Whipped Rosemary Butter
- Baci Cupcakes
- Strawberry Cream Swirl, Toasted Almonds & Honey
- Smoked Salmon and King Prawn Cannelloni, Tartare Sauce Garnish & Dill Mayonnaise
- The Ultimate Crisp Sandwich
- Baci Spider Cookies
- Strawberry Balsamic Tiramisu by Sydney Food Sisters
- Pasta Recipe - Spaghetti ‘Integrali’ with Olive Sauce, Capers and Anchovies