April 6th is Carbonara Day! A day that we can definitely get behind, a day that celebrates a classic and timeless dish. Our friends at Barilla Australia have given us their secret Carbonara recipe, that’s dinner sorted for tonight...
Prep: 5 min | Cook: 10 min | Serves: 2
- 160g Barilla Spaghetti n5
- 80g Guanciale
- 2 Egg yolks
- 60g Latteria Sociale Mantova Grana Padano PDO, grated
- Salt and black pepper (to taste)
- Cook the Spaghetti in a large pot of salted boiling water, as per instructions on the box. We recommend adding 7 grams of salt per litre of water.
- Meanwhile, cut the Guanciale into strips and gently brown in a large fry pan without adding oil.
- Beat the egg yolks, add the Grana Padano PDO cheese and two tablespoons of boiling water. Add freshly ground black pepper.
- When the pasta is cooked al dente, drain an then add the beaten egg yolks, finally add a tablespoon of cooking water for a creamy finish.
- Mix well then sprinkle Grana Padano PDO and black pepper, as required.
- Serve hot.
In Same Category
Related by Tags
- Basil Parsley Pesto Recipe
- Callebaut Chocolate Mud Cake Recipe
- Smoky BBQ Corn with Chilli Lime Feta Spread
- Herbed Tuna Baguette Recipe
- No-Bake Baci Biscuit Cake Recipe
- Five Acre Farm Mac & Cheese Balls
- 'Sealed with a Kiss' Baci Cocktail Recipe
- 'Sweet Kisses' Baci Recipe
- Brix Gold, Callebaut & Buttered Popcorn Cocktail
- Spaghetti Carbonara Recipe
- Vanilla Overload Fudge Recipe
- Southern Italian Inspired Tuna Spaghetti Recipe
- Banana Split Recipe
- Tuna Fritters Recipe
- Cherry Chocolate Christmas Trifle Recipe
- Peanut Butter Choc Chip Cookie Recipe
- Callebaut Chocolate Christmas Pudding Recipe
- Chicken Schnitzel Recipe
- Salty Spicy Pink Grapefruit Cocktail Recipe
- Peanut, Pecan & Caramel Petit Gateaux
- Pappardelle with Cod, Chick Peas & Arrabbiata Sauce
- Tagliatelle with Speck, Red Cabbage, Apple & Walnuts
- Indulgent Callebaut Hot Chocolate
- Callebaut Chocolate Jaffa Tart
- Maasdam Cheese Potato Wedges
- MAXIBACI with Raspberries...
- Beetroot Coleslaw
- Radish & Ricotta Bruschetta
- Gold Cinnamon & Speculoos Tablet Recipe
- Pan Roasted Lamb Fillet, Crushed Peas & Whipped Rosemary Butter
- Baci Cupcakes
- Strawberry Cream Swirl, Toasted Almonds & Honey
- Smoked Salmon and King Prawn Cannelloni, Tartare Sauce Garnish & Dill Mayonnaise
- The Ultimate Crisp Sandwich
- Baci Spider Cookies
- Strawberry Balsamic Tiramisu by Sydney Food Sisters
- Pasta Recipe - Spaghetti ‘Integrali’ with Olive Sauce, Capers and Anchovies